Monday, May 18, 2015

Review: Half Wild (The Half Bad Trilogy #2) by Sally Green

Title: Half Wild (The Half Bad Trilogy #2)
Author: Sally Green
Publish Date: March 24th 2015

"'You will have a powerful Gift, but it’s how you use it that will show you to be good or bad.'

In a modern-day England where two warring factions of witches live amongst humans, seventeen-year-old Nathan is an abomination, the illegitimate son of the world's most powerful and violent witch. Nathan is hunted from all sides: nowhere is safe and no one can be trusted. Now, Nathan has come into his own unique magical Gift, and he's on the run--but the Hunters are close behind, and they will stop at nothing until they have captured Nathan and destroyed his father."



StoryLine: If you read my review for Half Bad, you'll know that I wasn't too impressed. I felt the book was just one long prequel leading up to the actual start of the story. Because of this, I still had some hope for Half Wild. I liked the world building, most of the characters, and the direction the plot was finally starting to take. Comparatively, the sequel was a lot better. I was very glad to see we finally got to see some action and that the plot finally started moving along. There were points where the story dragged a bit, and it took me longer than usual to finish the book, but over all it was an improvement.

Characters: I was glad to see that some of my old favorite characters returned, and I enjoyed meeting some new interesting characters as well. That's one thing I've really liked about the series so far, there's plenty of intriguing characters to keep my attention when the plot isn't. And I felt I could relate to Nathan better in than in Half Bad. Even though sometimes I really wanted to slap him upside his head. Especially when he was mooning over Annalise, whom I never liked, and not loving Gabriel like I wanted him to. I ship Nathan and Gabriel so hard and whenever Annalise name appeared on the page I had to suppress a groan.

Parting Thoughts: A pleasant improvement from Half Bad, Half Wild was an enjoyable read with engaging characters.

3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments, I love to hear from you.