Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Bite Beauty High Pigment Lip Pencils Review and Lip Swatches

With Flash. T-B: Sable, Rhubarb,
Winterberry, Pomegranate
Without Flash. T-B: Sable, Rhubarb, 
Winterberry, Pomegranate

Around the holiday season, Bite Beauty had a four piece High Pigment Lip Pencil set that I just had to have. In the set were 2 permanent colors (Rhubarb and Pomegranate) and 2 what seems to be LE colors (Sable and Winterberry). Now normally I wouldnt review shades that are no longer available, but I decided that all four shades would give a better insight into the range of shades. Plus Sable is one of my favorite everyday lip colors.



Sable
Rhubarb


Winterberry
Pomegranate
This is what the Sephora website says about the High Pigment Lip Pencils:
Made with a double-dose of premium micronized pigments, this lip pencil delivers a modern matte look. This lip color delivers super antioxidant resveratrol, which fights free radicals with potent long-term antiaging benefits. Each lip pencil contains the amount of resveratrol found in five glasses of red wine.

Sable:



I love that Sable is such a low maintenance color. I'm a notorious lip bitter/smasher, so while most colors fade away from the center of my lips and leave that ghastly ring around the mouth look, Sable lasts around 5 hours and fades evenly. After 5 hours the product doesn't look patchy or settled in the lines of my lips which usually happens with most lighter shades I've worn.

Rhubarb:


If Sable is my favorite MLBB everyday lippie, then  Rhubarb is my favorite everyday bolder lippie. I probably wear the two about equally as often, and I wear one of the two probably 80% of the time. I absolutely love this color. I recieve compliments from strangers almost every time I wear it. I even used to have a coworker who would request that I wear it, and would ask why I wasn't on days I didn't. Around 4 hours I have to touch up the very center of my lips, especially if I've been drinking. But I experience that with almost all colors. The outer corners of my lips will last about 8 hours and leaves a slight stain behind.

Winterberry:
 I have warm undertones to my skin. Because of that I tend to shy away from cool toned makeup in general. What I love about this color is that on my warm skint one, it doesn't pull too cool toned even though it appears to be cool toned. And it really does remind me of winter berries (not that I've ever seen any in real life). This had some serious transfer issues. Even if I blotted it down, even 4 hours later, anything my lips touched was left with lipstick on it. But even after transferring to everything in sight the pigmentation was still strong, and only barely faded in the middle after 6 hours. It also leaves behind a nice stain..

Pomegranate:


This deep red is slightly cool toned but, like Winterberry, I find it doesnt look too cool toned on. And like Winterberry it has some serious transfer. And also like Winterberry it has some serious staying power and stains very nicely to extended that even better. It lasted 5 hours of lip smashing, nip chewing, and eating almonds and clementines with only minimal fading in the center. A couple more hours and spaghetti squash and pasta sauce later, and the lipstick was almost gone, with some patchy product spots left. But I literally wiped the remaining product away with my hands and revealed a deep even stain that looked quite good as well.

Along with pretty decent (in my lip smashing book) wear time across all hour colors, they were also incredibly pigmented, creamy, moisturizing, and super comfortable on the lips.They never felt heavy, cakey, waxy, or drying. I even forget I had them on most of the time. The fact that among all my lippies it's these four I keep coming back to day after day means something in my book. I'm officially obsessed with this line and can't wait to get my hands on more products from Bite Beauty.

2 comments :

Thanks for the comments, I love to hear from you.