Saturday, February 14, 2015

BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector™ Pressed in Moonstone Review and Swatches

I've been lusting after the BECCA brand for quite some time. From The One Perfecting Brush, to the Beach Tints, to the Beach Tint Shimmering Souffle, to the Shimmering Skin Perfector and Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed, there is so many products from the brand that of covet. But after much debate over what product I should try first, I finally decided to take the leap with BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector™ Pressed in Moonstone.

From the Sephora website:
"What it is:
A creamy powder luminizer that absorbs and reflects light for a superb natural glow.
What it does:
Find refined luminosity in any light—this formula features ultrafine luminescent pearls that absorb, reflect, and refract light so your natural radiance is never lost. Unlike the traditional pressed powder method which simply mixes and compresses dry ingredients, this unique process blends pigments with proprietary liquid binders, resulting in unparalleled, creamy application with balanced color dispersion. Like a compact full of crushed gemstones, the multi-toned, ultra-fine pigment pearls adjust to skin’s natural undertones for a truly unique glow "
The first thing I noticed was just how big the product is. One thing that held me back from products like the Shimmering Souffle for my first endeavor into the brand was the fact that they seemed like a lot of money for not a lot of product. And while I'm more willing to shell out that kind of dough on a well loved brand, I'm not quite as willing to take that kind of financial risk on a brand I haven't tried yet.

Moonstone with flash
After several weeks of daily use, there's hardly a dent in this. This highlighter will last me forever! But how long the product lasts is not the only factor in buying a product is it? How well it performs and how it looks are also important. And I'm excited to say that Moonstone excels on all points. The formula is fine milled, soft and silky, and somehow creamy. It effortlessly blends out on the face, leaving a perfect inner glow.
Moonstone without flash
There is a fair amount of sparkle in this product, so a light hand is the key to looking radiant and not disco ball-esque. If you use too much of a heavy hand, not only do you look like a glitter bomb, but I have noticed that it will emphasize pores as well. A light sweep off the brush, a quick tap off of any excess powder is what I've found to be the best method of application.
Concentrated (top) Lightly blended (bottom) with flash
I love how versatile this product is as well. On full make up days I use it after foundation and powder. on top of my cheek bones after blush, lightly down the bridge of my nose and the center of my forehead, above my cupids bow and on the center of my chin. On  light makeup days I'll sweep some on my cheeks after BB cream. When I need to pack makeup for a trip, I'll use this as a highlighter, eye shadow and to accentuate my lips. 
Concentrated (top) Lightly blended (bottom) without flash
The longevity of this product on my oily skin is about 6 hours. 

Naturally, this isn't a product that strangers will cross the street and demand to know what product you're wearing. I have gotten several compliments on the radiance of my skin while wearing this, though, and for that I think this is definitely worth every penny.
I would definitely recommend this for anyone hoping to achieve a glowing look, and I can't wait to check out the rest of the products BECCA offers!

Are you a fan of BECCA? What BECCA product do you suggest I try next?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments, I love to hear from you.