Sunday, August 10, 2014

NOTD: Blue Gradient Dotticure

I must confess, I have a thing for nail polish. I went through a phase where over the course of less than 4 months, I had accumulated 100 new nail polishes. Right before that I had purged my collection of a lot of my older nail polishes (this was before I knew the joys of nail polish thinner), and I felt the need to refresh my collection. I've slowed down since then, and now I get lazy and stick with what ever colors are laying out. But today I wanted to use some of my neglected babies, and decided to do a quick dotticure. 

I used Zoya Neely as the base color. I love Zoya's formulas, and even a pale color like this was smooth and dreamy to work with.
The lightest blue dots up by the cuticle is Essie Where's My Chauffeur? Essie is another favorite of mine. In fact, Essie dominates my nail polish collection, second only to Sally Hansen. I love how well the polishes self level.
 The middle section of dots is Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Mint Sprint. I love the ease and affordability of Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri line. I'm definitely not a patient person, so the less time I'm sitting around waiting for my nails to dry, the better.
 The final color I used was Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure New Wave Blue. CSM is another great line from Sally Hansen. I don't have the patience to not use a quick dry top coat, but knowing that in a pinch, I wouldnt need it is a great feeling. So is not needing a base coat.
 I topped the whole thing off with some Seche Vite. I'm a huge fan of Seche Vite. I love how fast it drys and how shiny it leaves my manicure. The bottle does tend to thicken towards the end, but that's nothing that a $3 bottle of nail polish thinner from the beauty store can't fix. In fact I love it so much I bought the 4oz professional kit of off Amazon! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments, I love to hear from you.