Tuesday, January 14, 2014

L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows Review and Swatches: Part 1 The Colors


Today I have for you review and swatches of  the first 6 of 16 of the L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows! This first set is going to be of the colorful shades.
Top row, from left to right: Golden Emerald, Golden Sage, Infinite Sky, Endless Sea, Perpetual Purple,Smoldering Plum
Middle row, from left to right: Bronzed Taupe, Bottomless Java, Eternal Black, Continuous Cocoa, Sultry Smoke, Liquid Diamond
Bottom row, from left to right: Amber Rush, Eternal Sunshine, Iced Latte, Endless Pearl
Just a warning, this post is picture heavy. I probably have 4 times the amount of pictures that I should, but what can I say? I went a little crazy. After looking at the L'Oreal website, they only have 7 shades, all of which look to be new.

L'oreal's description:
For the 1st time ever, L’Oréal Paris introduces an ultra intense eye shadow that lasts from day until dawn—a full 24 hours. This revolutionary formula fuses the ease of a powder with the velvety caress of a cream to create a unique hybrid that glides on effortlessly. And with its unique technology, your eyes are enhanced with pure, magnified pigment. Make a lasting impression without batting an eye.

Intense, maximized color

Luxurious powder-cream texture

24-hour long-lasting hold

Waterproof, crease resistant, fade resistant
Golden Emerald, Golden Sage, Infinite Sky, Endless Sea
Bronzed Taupe, Bottomless Java, Eternal Black, Continuous Cocoa
Amber Rush, Eternal Sunshine, Iced Latte, Endless Pearl
Infinite Sky, Endless Sea, Perpetual Purple,Smoldering Plum
Eternal Black, Continuous Cocoa, Sultry Smoke, Liquid Diamond
Iced Latte, Endless Pearl
 These eyeshadows have been my go-to everyday eyeshadow lately. Most of them apply so smooth, and are so well pigmented. And they last so long! I apply them over my UD PP, and after 15+ hours of running all over campus in Florida, working in a deli, and working out at the gym, my eyeshadow is still visible. And considering the fact that my eyelids are on the oily side, that's really impressive!
I have found that they apply best using your fingers.

Now, on to the swatches:

Golden Emerald
Golden Sage
Infinite Sky
Endless Sea
Perpetual Purple
Smoldering Plum
From top to bottom: Golden Emerald, Golden Sage, Infinite Sky, Endless Sea, Perpetual Purple,Smoldering Plum

The Smoldering Plum is a little more plum and less brown in person. Since I'm using my iPhone camera to take the pictures (shame on me, I know), I was having a hard time picking up the purple in it. But, every single on of these colors is just absolutely stunning. I always reach for neutral colors for my eyes, but these colors are just so incredibly gorgeous, that I've been experimenting with them lately. They retail for around $7, which is on the expensive side for drugstore eyeshadow, but the quality is on par with most of the Urban Decay eyeshadow singles I have, and they cost almost 3 times as much. Plus, they constantly go on BOGO, so it's easy to find a good deal. And they are absolutely worth every penny! I highly recommend them.

2 comments :

  1. Stunning colors....I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments, I love to hear from you.