Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Almay Shadow Softies Review and Swatches: Creme Brulee and Smoke

Almay Shadow Softies in Creme Brulee
Almay Shadow Softies in Smoke
I have for you today two of Almay's new Shadow Softies. There's a total of 12 shades in this collection: 6 metallics and 6 mattes. I have Creme Brulee, a metallic, and Smoke, a matte. Almay calls them "light as air" "whipped powders" with a "sheer wash of color". And they are sheer alright!


Indent from pushing in trying to get some on my finger
How it looks when new
Almay refers to these as "whipped." I don't see it. They are kind of springy, similar to Maybelline Bouncy Blush. But they are definitely powder, not a cream, and not whipped.
Direct Light. 10 swipes each
Shade. 10 swipes each
As far as being a sheer wash of color, that would be accurate for Smoke, but is too generous for Creme Brulee. No matter how much a swipe Creme Brulee, I can get never get any actual color, just a little shimmer. And when applied to the eyelid, you don't even see that. I'm majorly disappointed in the pigmentation of these eyeshadows. And primer doesn't improve much. Who wants to pay $4-$5 for literally nothing. 
I've used other Almay eyeshadows before, and the pigmentation was at least better than this. But it wasn't all bad. Smoke wasn't what I was expecting, but at least I might be able to get some use out of it. And at least Almay is venturing out to new technologies, and hopefully they'll improve and continue to try out new things.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments, I love to hear from you.