Monday, April 16, 2012

My Julep Maven Intro Box

The other day I got my Julep Maven American Beauty Introductory Box, and I was so excited! The packaging was quite cute. Unfortunately, I didn't snap any pictures of that, too eager to get the goodies.

Everything was in prestine condition, and they even sent me a free nail file.
Here's a close up of the nail polishes:
The Facial for Hands Glycolic Hand Scrub- "contains glycolic acid combined with apricot seeds for double exfoliation that leaves your hands noticeably softer after just one use."
This scrub was nice, the scrubbies in it were just right. It felt nice when washing, not too rough, but noticeable exfoliation. The orange scent is faint and pleasant. Afterwards, my hands did feel soft, but the effect isn't long lasting. This product is nice, I enjoy using it, but I wouldn't pay $32 dollars for it.

Penelope-"opaque, almost white with a hint of blush. Elegant on manicures and pedicures."
I've yet to really play with it, but it looks more pink in person than I originally that it would be, which is a plus. I plan to try this color out soon

Portia- "sheer tropical blue with glittery sparkles that will remind you of a day on the beach"
As you can see, I already played around with this color. It looks so pretty in the bottle, but I must admit that I'm slightly disappointed with just how sheer it is.

Even after three coats, I can clearly see my nail. I like the glitter, but they're a bit big, which keeps my nail from being smooth. A top coat helps.
It is very pretty, and I feel like if I layer it on top of a nice beachy blue, it'll look incredible. I just feel that the description on the site doesn't accurately portray the feel of the polish. It doesn't remind me of a day at the beach, and it isn't tropical blue.
All in all, I really enjoyed the products that I received in my introductory box, and I might even continue on with the Julep Maven program. You can find out more here, and don't forget to use the coupon "PENNY" to get your first box for only $0.01 plus free shipping.

1 comment :

  1. I'm so jealous! They look gorgeous!!!
    xx

    sweetaholic-beauty.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments, I love to hear from you.